Friday 21 December 2007

Money or interest?

Been wondering for quite sometime... Whether money or interest is more important when we talk about the Job. This subject has been a dilemma for me since i graduated. My interest is always with the artistic part. Drawing and designing is in me for the past 24 yrs.

During my last semester in University, my uncle offer some designing job to me. The best part was i have to design a fully build kitchen cabinet for a Doctor couple. It was a challenging moment for an IT graduated guy to design it. But it was the most satisfying moment as the couple love my design so much. Not bad for a beginner designer. ( hehehe) Got pay for RM200 for few pieces of drawing blocks. ;-)



Then......... 2 weeks later, aunt called me up. Saying that her friend's wanted to change her beauty saloon concept to a Balinese style. I have charged a total of RM800.00 for the sketches and labor work.

The sad part was i ended work for my uncle for almost a year with a low pay. It was interesting job when we deal with arts but have to accept the fact that i got low pay for a beginner. What a tough time for me to survive.


Nah......... stop with the craps...........

Since then i have quit the job and been looking around for a better pay job without knowing what are the things that i really wanted to do. Now i ended up working in a well known international financial institution. The pay and benefit is always tip top but i don't feel happy ever since............. Going to work is always a nightmare for me............ Stress has been a very good friend of mine since then............ Mr. Stress has been my alarm clock for few weeks. Sleepless nightssss and free morning call at 4a.m is like a routine to me. Horrible.....

I am lost now........ Dont know what i should do. SHould i just quit the job and start all over again or just continue on my job......... God please give me some hints. My wish for the time being is to get a job which i like........Dont mind to get my pay cut a little bit.

So wonder people out there. DO you face the same problem? If so what do u do? Money or interest? Hope i get some people who can guide.
hmm... :-( Dilemma


Certless designer....

0 comments: